Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Afraid by Jack Kilborn

This book has the potential of causing you nightmares...

Imagine a small secluded town in the mountains where everyone knows everyone and life is very laid back.

Imagine a group of five superhuman warriors coming to town with the intention of killing everyone there... This group of monsters have been highly trained to cause pain, most are psychotic, all are killers, and they have very unusual tastes...

I've read a lot horror stories, but this book still got to me. It's a mad scientist who wants to cleanse the world, like Hitler's vision, and he's given these monsters computer chips in their brains to make them faster, their skin is bulletproof, and they have permission to pull off whatever atrocities they want as long as they get the man they're going after.

I couldn't put it down after I started it. They are very successful at what they do, I can tell you that!

If you'd like this ARC, send me an email with your name and address for mailing to info@bookfaerie.com and leave a comment on my blog.

5 comments:

Jean said...

I do like a good, safe scare. This sounds like the perfect thing just for that.:-)

Anonymous said...

I am a big Jack Ketcham fan, sounds like some thing I would enjoy reading.

Dave
Anchorage, AK

Dayle James Arceneaux said...

I read the first chapter and loved it.

daph said...

Your review gave me a good shiver.

The Reader said...

Hey This does sound to be a good book... pls count me in.

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...