Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Murder of King Tut by James Patterson & Martin Dugard

James Patterson is a prolific writer, but his books are always good. That amazes me. Not that he's good, but that even when he writes a lot, he doesn't short cut, pick easy plots or just plug words in.

I first "met" him when reading about Alex Cross, but lately he's written some nonfiction - and he makes that just as readable as fiction, which takes some doing. (I'm not big on reading nonfiction.)

What he offers here is his speculation that King Tut did not die from his chariot race injuries, but was actually murdered.

His manner of presentation is a mix between King Tut's time and Howard Carter's search for Tut's tomb. Both stories have some intrigue and love interests, as well as disappointments and accomplishments.

He takes the various facts he and Michael can glean from x-rays, Carter's files, forensic clues, and oral accounts to arrive at his conclusion.

The Egyptians played rough, and Pharaohs and Queens were not exempt from danger.

Reading about the archeological dig was as interesting as following along Tut's short life.

Read it and see what your opinion is - he makes a good argument.

If you'd like to read my ARC, I'm giving away this copy. Leave a comment here on the blog, and write to me at info NOSPAM @bookfaerie.com (take the spaces and NOSPAM out) and tell me why. I'll do a drawing in about a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been intrigued, with books that have different theories, about the Ancient Ones.

This book, sounds just like the kind of thing, that I enjoy reading!

Along with that, I think I've read everything that James Patterson has ever written, whether it be on his own, or with a co-author. One can't go wrong with James doing the writing!

Donna

Mary Kontrary said...

Hey, how'd I miss this, Jo
Ann? Guess I haven't been as good as I should have been lately about checking the blogs I follow. Well, anyway, I would love to read this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Mary K. aka Storeetllr

SusanB said...

I love Patterson's books. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of King Tut as it sounds as one that you will lose track of time just reading it.
susan.byerly@comcast.net

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...