Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gunsmoke An American Institution by Ben Costello

Gunsmoke was part of my childhood, so when I saw this on the list of Five Star Publications, I had to have it. They sent me the CD edition to review, and this was something new for me.

Originally I thought it might be a bit hard to read or negotiate through the document, but it's in PDF form and lists the chapters on the left hand side, so it's easy to use.

The print is large enough to easily read, the photos are wonderful, and I especially enjoyed reading the actor's biographies.

This is truly a trip down memory lane. Looking at the photos was like being in front of the TV again watching the program. I could identify the story line from some of the pictures.

I was amazed to see that Burt Reynolds had been on the series for a time. And quite a few other stars came for short visits. They have photos of them and interviews with most about Gunsmoke's influence on their careers.

Many of these performers have died by now, but their pictures and their actions will always rest in memories.

This would make a very special gift for someone who also enjoyed the series. It's still playing on TV Land.

Give them their own little piece of history that they can pick up again and again and remember "the good ole days".

This book comes in the CD edition or as a coffee table book. If you'd like to buy a copy, visit www.50YearsofGunsmoke.com .

No comments:

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...