Thursday, May 20, 2010

Samurai Spirit by Burt Konzak

Subtitle: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Life. Tundra Books provided me this copy for review.

In the past, I bought the Book of Five Rings to read during my business career days, so this subject matter drew me in to see how it was handled for young adults.

This is a collection of short stories that are drawn from various Japenese classics to illustrate the concepts taught in martial arts that lead to the creation of the Samurai spirit.

The stories are clear and make their point. The additional information at the end of each chapter about Samurais, their swords, and their lives share Japanese history with those not familiar with it.

They have a very different way of looking at things and approaching things, and most any young adult could benefit by taking a look at their techniques.

If you would like to have my copy of this book, follow the two steps below:

1) Leave a comment here on the blog;

2) Send me an email at info @ bookfaerie.com (take the spaces out) with your name and address and why you would like to win the book.

I'll pick a winner in about a week.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...