Monday, January 3, 2011

The Sergeant's Lady by Susanna Fraser

She's a highborn Scottish lass married to a Calvary officer who takes her on his assignments to control her.  But then he gets killed...

Carina Press has already published this book.  It's available in MobiPocket Reader or Adobe Reader format.  I got my review copy from Net Galley (thank you). 

This is a historical romance that I really, really enjoyed.  Ms. Fraser's characters are human and she addresses the issue of women being men's property and how different class people cannot marry.  I was impressed by how she wove the facts of the time in the story and still gave us a believable tale with a pleasant ending.

War makes for strange bedfellows.  Men and women bond differently than they would in regular life.  But the rules remain...

This was a very entertaining read and I couldn't stop until I finished this story.  I'm not big on romance, but I loved this story.  Get yourself a copy and read it now!

2 comments:

WIPPYSPLACE said...

my kinda book! and My mom's --do you have a copy for sale??

Journey of a Bookseller said...

No, this is an ebook you need to buy directly from Carina Press. Sent you an email with info. Very good story!

Benjamin Impossible by Timothy Root

It’s NOT EASY being the smartest 12-year-old in the world! Benjamin Impossible is a genius, kung fu master, and winner of the Franklin Count...