Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Kissing Game by Aidan Chambers

Can an author surprise you sixteen times with his short stories?  He sure did surprise me!


Amulet is issuing this book this month and sent me an ARC for review (thank you).  It will be issued as a hardcover and is for ages 14 and up.


This author was new to me, but he's very good.  I was especially impressed with how original and real his female voices were in the stories.  Most men don't do as well as he has with picking up the angst and anger in young women.


These short stories can be read here and there.  It's easy to set the book down and do something else and come back.  But I couldn't do that.  Each story was so unique and different, I just kept reading.


Not all of these stories have happy endings; neither does real life.  Any young adult that enjoys stories that will make them think will enjoy this book.  Why not pick up a copy and "taste" it yourself?  This adult enjoyed it!


If you would like my copy of this ARC, leave a comment here on the blog and then email me at info @ bookfaerie.com (take the spaces out) with your name AND address and why you'd like to get the book.   I'll pick a winner in about a week.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...