Friday, March 4, 2011

The Secret of Rover by Rachel Wildavsky

Katie and David are living normal teenage lives when their parents decide to go abroad on vacation.  Being left with a new nanny was a bit insulting, but they had no idea how bad it was going to get...


Amulet Books sent me a copy of this ARC (cover is different) for review.  Thanks for the opportunity.  This book will be published this month, so watch for a copy at your local bookstore.


Katie knew she didn't want her parents to go, but she also knew she could call them on their cellphone to get updates and check in.  At least that was the plan.  But when her parents and the baby are captured by insurgents and the nanny turns out to be a soldier from the same group, things get really nasty.


Ms. Wildavsky has created strong, resourceful teens who are willing to risk all in an attempt to contact their Uncle (who they hardly know) and rescue their parents.  The story is fast moving, the action good, and the plot isn't all that far-fetched in this day and age.


If your child has an interest in spies and intrigue, world politics, or just plain action stories, this is a good one for them.  Check it out and see what you think.  Rover is a very interesting invention, by the way...


If you'd like my copy of this ARC, leave a comment here on the blog and then email me at info @ bookfaerie.com (take the spaces out) with your name AND address and tell me why you'd like to read it.  I have three copies for giveaway so be sure and enter the contest.

3 comments:

DaNel Hicks said...

This sounds like the 39 Clue Series that I loved. It will be a must read for me.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I Q and a page turner for me. I like mystery adventure.

Journey of a Bookseller said...

Send me an email with your name and address and I'll add you to the drawing for the book.

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...