Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Big-Ass Book of Home Decor by Mark Montano

The best part about this book is that the crafts Mr. Montano shows you aren't difficult.  You can do most of them at home with supplies you already have in stock.  And he offers you some real special creative ideas that can give your home a face lift for very little cost!

The author sent me a copy of his book for review and giveaway (thank you).  The book is currently available at your local bookstore.  And even greater news:  Vol. 2 of this series will be coming out in October.

Mr. Montano makes a list of supplies for you and then walks you through, step by step, to create a unique and unusual way of dressing up humdrum items.  Some of the projects are very simple, some are more complex.  You can start small and work your way up or begin with a bigger project and scale back.  He can look at something plain and give you a great idea for how to add color or texture to make it more attractive.

My favorite part of his book is that you don't have to use expensive supplies.  Once you begin "seeing" like he does, you'll most likely substitute some of the supplies he uses for supplies of your choice.  If you're not that creative, his choices are pretty and look great.

So, are you ready to "Make messes and be crafty!"  I have one signed copy of this book for giveaway.

Leave a comment here on my blog and then email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your name and ADDRESS and tell me why you'd like to win the book.  I'll be picking a winner in about a week.

Get crafty, folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW,,,,,This sounds like a great book with things I could actually try and do so I would love to receive the book. Maybe it could keep me out of trouble and from falling and breaking more bones LOL
Hooter

AubreyLaine said...

I would love to win :)
littlegray88 at yahoo dot com

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...