Friday, February 17, 2012

I Murdered the PTA by Wendy Dager

Daphne only dropped in at the local PTA meeting to make an attempt at being a good mother.  She sure didn't expect the meeting room to blow up while she was in the bathroom!

Zumaya Enigma sent me a copy of this for review (thank you).  It has been published and you can get a copy at your local bookstore.

This is a quirky mystery.  The main character is a Chinese/American woman who was married to white man named Jack Lee.  Her name is now Daphne Lee-Lee.  And that's just one of the quirky things in this novel.  (Her husband died from bad oysters.  That's another quirky thing.)

It seems the explosive that killed the ladies of the PTA was placed in a vase that Daphne had handcrafted.  She hadn't donated it to the PTA and had no idea who had.  Her handwork was for sale at her friend's shop and Aldo didn't keep records of the sales.  Daphne does not like being on the suspect list, but no one seems to be looking for a real solution.  Except maybe that one cute cop.  But was he really interested in her or only interested in getting information?

This is a quick off-the-wall type of read that I enjoyed.  I had no idea who the killer was and it amazed me when I found out.  If you read this book, you won't be bored.  And if you figure out the killer before the end of the book, tell me.  I sure didn't see it coming.

Happy reading.

1 comment:

VintagePurseGal said...

Hey Jo Ann! Glad you liked the book. The next in the series of Daphne Lee-Lee Misadventures is I MURDERED THE SPELLING BEE. You can check for updates on my website, www.wendydager.com, or via my Facebook author page. Thanks! --Wendy D.

Threads That Bind by Kika Hatzopoulou

Descendants of the Fates are always born in threes: one to weave, one to draw, and one to cut the threads that connect people to the things ...