Wednesday, March 7, 2012

So Pretty It Hurts by Kate White

Bailey Weggins is back and now she's involved with the high and mighty of the fashion world.  Being beautiful does not always mean you're nice...

HarperCollins sent me an ARC of this book for review (thank you).  This book is being published this month, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

This was my first read about Bailey Weggins and the author does an excellent job of writing an interesting story and introducing you to the world of high fashion.  It's not uncommon for the women trying to be successful finding themselves falling victim to pills, drugs, starvation, heart attacks and other illnesses.  But this death was no natural accident.  Someone combined medications and caused Devon's death.

Since Bailey was staying at the home where the death occurred that weekend, she isn't willing to walk away from the story.  She's a journalist that is after a hot story but is also an investigator that loves a mystery.

The people in this story are all a bit warped.  You don't get to the top of fashion modelling by being shy or kind.  It's a scramble to the top and you climb person by person until you're the one on the top of the mountain.  Then the rest of the ladies attempt to knock you off the mountain.

This author gives you lots of suspects to think about, lots of twisted relationships, and the ending is one of the most ironic I've read in a while.  I won't spoil it for you, but it really grabbed me and was the final finishing touch on a good story.  Payback is a bitch.

If you'd like my ARC of this book, please comment here on my blog and email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your name and address and tell me why you'd like to read this book.  I will pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading.

1 comment:

ChristyJan said...

Sounds like an interesting read ~ please enter me

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...