Monday, October 29, 2012

Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill

Julia knows how life is going to turn out.  She has it all planned out.  She follows all the rules, gets A's in her classes and even knows who her MTB is.

Delacorte Press and Edelweiss allowed me to download the book of this story for review (thank you).  It's scheduled to be published November 13th, so make a note on your TBR list to pick it up then.

Julia reminds me a bit of myself in high school.  I got straight A's, followed all the rules, never skipped classes, didn't date until I was 16, and I already had all my children's name's picked out.  All boys, by the way.  My life didn't stay on track any better than hers did in this story...

Julia got "married" at five and she sees no reason to change her proposed spouse.  He's perfect, even if he doesn't know it yet.  After all her parents had a perfect relationship until her father's death.  Now she's going to London on a school trip and she'll get to achieve some of her life goals in that trip.  That'll be perfect, too.  Then she gets stuck with the class clown, Jason, as her partner on the trip.  What could be worse?  She'll find out before the story is over.

This is a charming story with lots of mistakes, misunderstandings, and miscomprehensions.  I enjoy watching Jason and Julia trying to get along on their study periods.  I also enjoyed watching Julia savor the feeling that she had not one man on her string, but perhaps three.  The story is amusing and ends well.

Why not go to London with Julia and find out a little bit about what love is and how it does and doesn't work?

Happy reading.     

1 comment:

Shan said...

Nice to know I am not the only one who had my life all planned out. Of course, it turned out nothing like that! Certainly sounds like a read that definitely could have been!

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...