Friday, December 28, 2012

Cowboy Christmas by Rob Sanders

OK, I'm going to tell you right up front that I like this book!  It's cute, great fun, has wonderful illustrations and it's a keeper for me.  Still want to hear about it?

Golden Books sent me a copy of this book for review.  It has been published and I'd recommend getting one.  If you don't have a young one around, you can always add to it your own collection.  (I do that.)

The cowboys are on a cattle drive and feeling really bad about Santa not being able to find them and no Christmas celebration.  Then they start reminiscing about when they were a kid.  The cook encourages to do their best at living up to those memories.  They start with a cactus tree and it doesn't get any better as it goes along.  The illustrations are wonderful.  The cowboys remind me of Yosemite Sam.

When all hope is gone and they are resigned to having a lonely Christmas with the cows, they get a big surprise!

This story touched me and I'm sure your little ones will charmed, too.  Better check it out and get yourself a copy before they're gone.

Happy reading.   

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...