Friday, February 22, 2013

Othermoon by Nina Berry

This is the second in this paranormal series, and I was waiting for this book to come out.  While written for teens, I immensely enjoyed the first book and had to see what happened to Caleb and Des.

Kensington Books sent me an ARC of this story for review (thank you).  It has now been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

Desdemona is back with her parents when she hears a noise in her home.  There's an intruder in her bathroom...

As the shapeshifters gather again, they find all of them have had DNA taken from themIt's been hair from hairbrushes and they are worried about how it will be used.  (They should be.) 

There is a lot of conflict in this story.  Des finds out who her real mother is, Arnoldo and his father have a huge fight, Caleb's brother is back, and the paranormals have to fight for their lives.

I hated to see one of them die and hated watching Caleb and Des grow apart throughout the story.  I'm hoping Book Three will settle romance for Des, but I'm not sure it will.  I do know that Ms. Berry writes a good action-packed story that keeps you reading and I will be looking forward to the next book in this series.

Happy reading.   

No comments:

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...