Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hug Me by Simona Ciraolo

Have you ever felt like you needed a hug?  Really, really just needed a hug?  I have to say I could get one of those from my Mom anytime.  You didn't need a reason.  You just said:  Hug?  And you got it!

Nobrow Ltd and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  It has been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

Most people know I'm a sucker for cute picture books.  When you're talking about a prickly cactus and a need for hugs, how could I miss reading this book?

Felipe is young and doesn't feel like standing up proudly and silently displaying his points.  His family might not be touchy-feely, but Felipe is.  Where he runs into a problem is when his friend is a balloon.  As they grew close, there was an accident.  Now his family is mad at him.  So he runs away from home.

The illustrations are fun, the little cactus is endearing and I was pleased to see him find a friend he could hug without hurting.  Felipe lives happily ever after and I like that!

No comments:

The Affair at the Victory Ball by Agatha Christie

Young Lord Cronshaw is murdered at a masked ball, and his fiancée dies of a cocaine overdose later the same evening. Who was wearing which c...